The gambling industry has taken significant steps forward in recent years; the latest major step forward has been mobile gambling, which brought about a fundamental shift in the way people gamble by allowing casino game play anytime and anywhere.
Best UK Mobile Casino for Real Money
The popularity of mobile casino gambling in the UK is apparent from the large number of options available to UK players. This can make finding the right casino a challenging task, and our mission is to help our visitors sift through the many opportunities available to them. All of the casinos that we recommend have been tested and analyzed thoroughly by our team of analysts, taking into account every factor that could influence the experience.
Recommended UK Mobile Casinos
Top 10 Mobile Casino Games in the UK
Almost every reputed software provider now has a mobile casino offering. The following list includes some of the top mobile casino games for UK players to try out. We list these games based on feedback from our partners.
Mobile Casinos with No Deposit Bonuses
A question often asked is whether desktop and mobile casino no deposit bonuses are the same? The simple answer is yes, you can use any free bonus that is available for play on a desktop on your smartphone or tablet device. Please review our no deposit bonus codes page.
Mobile Live Casino Games for UK Players
There are different variants of live dealer Blackjack games available to UK players. The software providers offering live dealer games include:
- Evolution Gaming: Live Blackjack, Live Blackjack Party, Live Genie Blackjack, Live Vegas Blackjack, Live Macau Blackjack, Live Fortune VIP Blackjack
- Extreme Live Gaming: Live Blackjack and Live VIP Blackjack
- Ezugi: Live Blackjack (from studios in Bulgaria, Costa Rica and Atlantic City, New Jersey)
- NetEnt: Live Blackjack and Live Common Draw Blackjack
- Playtech: Live Blackjack, Live Grand Blackjack and Live Unlimited Blackjack
- Microgaming: Live Blackjack and Live Playboy Blackjack
There are quite a few software providers offering mobile live roulette games, including:
- Evolution Gaming: Live Roulette, Live French Roulette, Live Dual-Play Roulette, Live Immersive Roulette, London Live Roulette, Live Slingshot Roulette and Live Auto Roulette
- Extreme Live Gaming: Live Auto Roulette, Golden Ball Roulette, Classic Roulette, Live Multi-Wheel Roulette, Live Lucky Lady’s Roulette, Live Dolphins Roulette and Live Sizzling Hot Roulette
- Ezugi: Live Roulette
- Microgaming: Live Roulette and Live Playboy Roulette
- NetEnt: Live Roulette, Automatic Live Roulette
- Playtech: Live Prestige Roulette, Live Grand Roulette, Live European Roulette and Live French Roulette
- Authentic Gaming: Live Roulette Original, Live Roulette Superieur, Live Roulette Professional, Live Roulette Double Wheel and Live Roulette Turbo
The live baccarat games are available from different software providers, including:
- Evolution Gaming: Live Baccarat, Live Baccarat Squeeze and Live Baccarat with Controlled Squeeze
- Extreme Live Gaming: Live Baccarat and Super 6 Live Baccarat
- Ezugi: Live Baccarat (from Costa Rica, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Cambodia)
- Microgaming: Live Baccarat, Live Baccarat Turbo and Live Playboy Baccarat
- Playtech: Live Baccarat, Live No Commission Baccarat, Live In-running Baccarat, Live Progressive Baccarat, Live Mini Baccarat and Live Prestige Baccarat
- Visionary iGaming: Live Baccarat and Live Super 6 Baccarat
Live Casino Hold’em
The software providers offering live Casino Hold’em games include Evolution Gaming (Live Ultimate Texas Hold’em Live Caribbean Stud Poker and Live Casino Hold’em), Playtech, Global Gaming Labs and XPro Gaming
Downloadable Casino Apps vs Instant Play
There are 2 ways of playing games at a mobile casino – you can either download the casino app from the app store of the platform your mobile device runs on or play directly from the browser of your smartphone or tablet in instant play mode. Each mode of play has its own merits and demerits.
Advantages and Disadvantages of playing a Through An App
When mobile phone casinos first appeared on the market you had to play the games in download mode. The casinos became available in the app store and one had to download the app to play the games.
- Easy access; all you need to do is tap on the app to open it, log in and start playing.
- Chance to play free games offered as promotional material to encourage app download.
- Access to an entire range of promotions, including special promotions for mobile.
- Uncompromised graphic and interface integrity and overall play experience.
- Downloading takes some time.
- If you have multiple mobile devices, you need to download it to each device individually.
- You block device memory when you download the casino app.
- Downloading from an unreliable source is a security risk.
- Some countries do not allow downloading of a real money casino app from app stores.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing in Instant Play Mode
The instant play mode allows you to play directly from the browser of your mobile device. This mode was initially developed using Flash, which made it difficult to play from an iOS device owing to compatibility issues back then between that platform and Flash technology. However, the emergence of HTML5 technology solved that problem and now you find that most sites using this technology to offer the instant play option.
- Speed: you just open the casino on your browser, log in/sign up and start playing.
- You get the full complement of high quality mobile casino games to choose from.
- You can play your favourite casino games from any mobile device.
- You can play in practice mode.
- Hardware compatibility is not an issue.
- Mobile security issues are non-existent.
- Disruptive gaming experience owing to loss of Internet connection.
- Slower game play as browser-based gaming is processor-intensive.
Banking and Pay by Phone Mobile Phone Casinos
- Credit and debit cards: UK players can make deposits using credit cards like Visa and MasterCard. Debit cards supported include Visa Electron, Visa Debit, Maestro, Solo and Switch.
- E-wallets: There are a range of e-wallets available to UK mobile casino fans. The most common ones used include Neteller, Skrill, EcoCard, PayPal, Click2Pay, ClickandBuy and many more.
- Prepaid cards: One of the most commonly found prepaid cards that you can use at a UK mobile casino is PaySafeCard. It is very easy to use and completely secure.
- Banking methods: There are a number of banking methods supported, including bank wire transfer, e-Checks, direct bank transfer and others.
There is one more method that is used very frequently to deposit funds is pay by phone. You provide your phone connection details at the time of signing up and opt to use this method, and the amount you deposit into your casino account gets added to your next phone bill: as simple as that. If you are a pre-paid subscriber the money gets deducted from your prepaid phone connection balance and if you are on a monthly rental plan the amount gets added to your next phone bill.
Mobile Casino Gambling in the UK: The Numbers Tell the Tale
Mobile gambling is very popular in the UK. The following are some stats to back this up:
- A report released by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) for the 4 quarters of 2016 stated that the revenues from remote gaming between April 2015 and March 2016 was £4.5 billion, with the remote betting, bingo and casino sector enjoying a 33% market share.
- The revenue generated by the mobile games industry in UK in 2016 was close to £1 billion.
- The UKGC report of 2016 found that the number of users opting to gamble from a mobile device had gone up from 33% in 2015 to 43% in 2016.
- 32% of male gamblers are likely to use a smartphone to gamble, up from 25% in 2015.
- 23% of female gamblers are likely to use a tablet to gamble, up from 20% in 2015.
- The highest percentage point increase in mobile gambling was in the age group of 18 to 24 years – 54% in 2016 compared to 37% in 2015, a 17% increase.
- The second highest percentage point increase in mobile gambling was in the 25 to 34 years group – 50% in 2016 compared to 42% in 2015, an 8% increase.
- The third highest percentage point increase in mobile gambling was in the 35 to 44 years group – 35% in 2016 compared to 28% in 2015, a 7% increase.
- The highest increase in the use of tablets for mobile gambling was seen in the age group of 55 to 64 years – 19% in 2016 compared to 11% in 2015, an 8% increase.
Some UK Mobile Casino FAQs
There is really no difference; all UK casino sites are compatible with both these platforms and offer the same in terms of quality of features, security and overall gaming experience.
There is no such thing as an ideal handset. You can play at them from an older smartphone or tablet as well. The latest range of devices may have more optimised features and therefore offer a better gaming experience.
This is not usually the case; the games have to be adapted to the mobile platform and that is why software providers usually offer only convert their best games. A good example is Microgaming, which has a huge game range of 350+ games, but it is still a small number compared to the 850+ games they offer at online casinos.
How important is network speed and connectivity for mobile play? Is Wi-Fi better than mobile Internet?
Good Internet speed is a prerequisite for good game-play. The 2 most common ways of connecting to a mobile casino are mobile Internet or Wi-Fi.
Mobile Internet is on your device and therefore the easiest option to use. Of course you will use up mobile data, which translates to cost on your next bill. Wi-Fi is very fast but you have to ensure it is a secure Wi-Fi network else you run the risk of your account details being compromised.
The basic requirement is a mobile network that is credible and offers high speed. Any of the top mobile networks with 3G and 4G connectivity should be good, including Vodafone, O2, Three and EE, among others.
How do mobile online casino games affect a device’s battery life? How do I improve battery life for my smartphone?
The battery is what powers the smartphone and when you use it to play high quality games you need power to keep the juices running. Android devices have traditionally had longer battery life than iOS devices.
There are different ways of ensuring healthy battery life, including:
- Turning off or minimizing the vibration mode
- Disabling GPS when not in use
- Disabling Bluetooth when not in use
- Minimizing notifications
- Closing unnecessary apps
- Switching off the device when not in use
- Maintaining a cooler temperature