Ryan's Thoughts"With so many online casinos and bookmakers operating legally in the UK, finding the right one can be quite difficult. All you need to simplify this task is to visit GamblingKingz.co.uk. We are the leaders when it comes to casino and bookmakers reviews."
With so many online casinos and bookmakers operating legally in the UK, finding the right one can be quite difficult. All you need to simplify this task is to visit GamblingKingz.co.uk. We are the leaders when it comes to casino and bookmaker reviews.
This is not an empty claim; it is backed up by the tremendous work done by our team of online gambling experts. Each online casino reviewer in our team has many years of experience in the industry; we leverage their experience and expertise to help you find the casino or bookmaker that works best for you.
In addition to our own testing as detailed below, we scrutinise industry forums and watchdog sites. Our reviews give you a clear picture of what to expect but also what you may be missing out on.
This makes the task of choosing the right casino smooth and easy.
So what are you waiting for? Read on to discover a new world of the top online casinos.
The Kingz Seal is a way of us to rubberstamp online gambling sites. It shows that we take responsibility for the information we present in our casino reviews. Too many gambling websites make loose claims and will promote betting sites based on which operator pays them the biggest advertising fees.
That is not how things work here.
If you have taken all reasonable steps to not contravene the rules set out in the betting site’s Terms and Conditions pages, but fail to receive your winnings, we will step in. If we cannot mediate, we will refund up to £1,000 of the cash you deposited. For full details, click here.
The Kingz Seal - free insurance at online gambling sites.
Top UK Online Casino Reviews
Casino Review Structure and The GamblingKingz Rating System
Understanding the good and bad traits of an online casino can be a lot more complicated than first meets the eye. Our expert reviewers research, analyze, test and rate online casinos from all possible angles.
Their input is then used to arrive at an unbiased score for each review section, which ultimately translates into a balanced ranking of each casino against its competitors. There are several primary factors that we consider in our reviews, and the positive and negative aspects that will influence our ratings.
The 10 Factors We Consider When Rating A Casino Are:
1. Ownership and Reputation
British casinos are owned and operated by very different companies, ranging from the long-established brands like Ladbrokes to fairly new kids on the block that do not have a historical presence in the market.
Big or small, no company can claim to have a 100% problem-free track record and even some of the bigger names still disappoint from time to time. Poor service, stalled payouts and unreasonable terms and conditions are issues that have plagued brands that one would normally expect to be squeaky clean.
By the same token, many of new casinos to enter the British market leave much to be desired and one sometimes wonders if they should ever have received a license in the first place. Fortunately, there are many “online only” companies that pride themselves on great service and we rate them accordingly.
We have no bias in terms of size or age, but operate on facts gleaned from our industry knowledge and testing process.
Ownership factors that influence our rating:
- Established track record in the industry
- Little or no problems reported on forums by players, including bonus and payout issues
- Displays a willingness to resolve issues and work with industry stakeholders
- Unknown operator with no / limited of a track record
- Does not engage with watchdog sites
- Lack of transparency in terms of ownership
- Consistent tendency to ignore player’s problems
- Similar player problems seem to surface regularly
- Blatantly breaks their own terms and conditions
- Retroactively changes terms such as bonus and withdrawal rules
- Terms and Conditions contain “get out” clauses
2. Licensing, Auditing and Associations
Licensing conditions require that certain minimum standards are met and maintained. This includes but is not limited to software used, transparency (ownership and operations), commitment to responsible gambling and compliance with advertising standards.
Whilst extremely important, meeting licensing conditions is only a part of the commitment that one expects in terms of fairness, transparency and sound business practice.
To this end, some casinos are affiliated with independent organisations such as auditors (e.g. eCOGRA), associations and watchdogs (e.g. RGA, ICRA) and responsible gambling organisations (e.g. Gamblers Anonymous).
Licensing and behavioral practices that influence our ratings:
- The site is licensed in the United Kingdom
- Membership to he most important industry associations
- Clearly defined problem gambling policy
- Supports and honors self-exclusion
- License suspension / probation
- No clear affiliation to any industry associations
- No visible, concise and practical problem gambling
- Does not appear to support recognised problem gambling organisations
3. Bonuses and Promotions
So much has been written about the pros and cons of bonuses but they still remain as one of the biggest draw cards of online casinos. Unfortunately, the conduct of many online casinos when it comes to the enforcement of their casino bonus rules leaves much to be desired and to put it politely, some of these rules border on the ridiculous. Novice gamblers all to often get tricked into accepting bonuses with little to no knowledge about the rules the are being chastened to.
We operated one of the most comprehensive casino bonus databases on the planet. No stone is left unturned as we dissect the fine print. This information is presented in our casino reviews in very simple words and without any bias. If a bonus is bad, we will tell you.
We also rate casinos in terms of their ongoing promotions, an area which we think players should pay more attention deciding where to gamble. We are of the opinion that it is sometimes more important to look at what the casino will offer up in terms if future promotions than just considering their sign up bonus. This is why we painstakingly document all promotions at the casinos we list.
How bonuses information will influence our ratings:
- Bonus terms and conditions are clearly accessible
- Clear and concise bonus rules with use of commonly accepted terminology
- No ambiguity in wording of rules
- Fair wagering multiples
- Especially clear definition of playing patterns and bet size
- Regularly refresh innovative (non-bonus) and seasonal promotions
- Excellent loyalty program that really rewards play with bonuses and giveaways
- High wagering multiple
- Bonus use results in low cashout limits
- Excessive penalty rules for playing the wrong games air accidentally attempting cashout
- Bonus rules contradict the casino’s general terms and conditions
- Terms are drafted with the obvious intention of “trapping” players, thereby giving the casino easy ways to justify non-pay
- Limited promotions
- Runs promotions that appear questionable (e.g. the same lottery for the last five years with no evidence of ever paying out)
- Poor or no loyalty program
4. Software and Games
We consider the blend of games in the casinos’ catalogue, and the credibility of the software providers used. Real differentiation does not come from games as such, as any online casinos can pretty much license from the same providers. However, the makeup of the games catalogue is important. You can read more here about the the major casino software providers.
Software providers and game factors that influence our ratings:
- Licenses games from recognised providers
- Offers variety in all game categories
- Regular adds new titles
- Games are easy to browse and find
- Offers questionable games from lesser known providers
- Game selection appears stagnant
- Game variety lacks in specific areas e.g., table games or progressive jackpots
5. Banking and Withdrawals
UK online casinos must not only support recognised deposit and withdrawal methods, but they should not charge excessive fees for withdrawing winnings and in most instances deposits should not bear any charges.
Withdrawal turnaround times tend to vary significantly from site to site and we benchmark withdrawal performance against reasonable expectations.
Factors that influence out banking ratings:
- Supports all commonly used banking methods
- Does not charge for deposits
- Withdrawal charges are reasonable
- Quick turnaround times
- KYC process is handled with no glitches and no stalling
- Once KYC has been performed, payout service levels are honored
- Withdrawal turnaround times comply with industry norms
- No reversal time
- If there is a reversal time, manual flush is available
- Excessive withdrawal costs
- Unusually long withdrawal turnaround times
- Excessively long reversal time (more than 24 hours) with no manual flush
- Does not publish cashout turnaround times
- Inconsistency in withdrawal turnaround times
- Consistent payout issues reported at watchdog sites
6. Support and Communication
Customer support is a key aspect of the player experience and that is why online casinos that wish to be featured by us need to have a dedicated and efficient customer support team for players to get in touch with 24x7.
Factors that influence our support rating:
- Multi-platform support channels include telephone, email and live chat
- Limited support options
- Email only support with long turnaround times
- Sends canned responses
7. Usability and Design
Usability and website design has become a science in its own right. These days it is easy to see when a casino has gone through a usability testing process, or whether they are just using a “dumb” out of the box template.
The user experience from one site to another can vary dramatically.
These are the factors that influence our usability and design ratings:
- Sleek, modern design with clear use of design ergonomics to improve usability
- Innovative features such as game catalog, searching and filtering, cashier, bonus tracking and game history
- Meets minimal standards for auditing and tracking
- Responsive design that ensures a seamless mobile experience
- Clunky, our of date design
- Poor mobile site
- Site errors, page timeouts, or broken images
- Limited cashier and player account features
8. Mobile Experience and Features
Online casinos that have invested into their mobile site design before from the user having a seamless experience when transitioning between desktop, smartphone and tablets. Some of our casino partners report that up to 60% of their visitors will play on a mobile device. The mobile experience is critical. Read more here about mobile casino features.
These are the factors that influence our mobile ratings:
- Good mobile game variety
- Responsive design ensures seamless mobile experience
- Supports HTML5 and compatible with iOS, Android And Windows platforms
- Supports mobile-specific payment methods like Payphone or Boku
- Poor mobile experience
- Limited game variety and lack of specific game categories on mobile
- Limited account and cashier features on mobile
- Technical issues on mobile site
9. Bonus points
Bonus Points are awarded to casinos and bookmakers that innovate or offer something unique. For example, Videoslots Casino allows one to view the published and actual odds on all their slot machine games. Other casinos are really innovative when it comes to promotions (like Thrills), and others will offer their own unique games.
- Bonus points are awarded for any features that we deem to different the casino and may in include:
- - Exclusive games
- - Unique promotions
- - Exceptional service
- - Recognised industry awards
10. Player Ratings
Have your say! We ask our visitors to return to our site and rank their experiences. The result are collated and incorporated in our overall casino ratings.
Positive and negative visitor reviews are factored into our overall casino ratings.